Do you want to become hated in your home town?
There are ways,…. and here’s how you do it:
1. Make music that sounds like fuck all else and offend all the trendy indie kids
2. Get your manager to randomly attack some bouncers in a gig after 12 pints of bow
3. Get your engineer to pump your volume so loud that people either go crazy or complain
4. Get your dancer to flash his bits and project it on a 20ft screen and 40 other small screens around the venue
5. Dress up as Grim Reapers at a May Day family fete and scare the kids
6. Project a photoshopped image of the venue manger with Tina Turner’s hair morphed on to him
7. Get your band members to tell all the other bands in their sound check that they are shit
This is what Sicknote have done… albeit NONE of it planned….!
This resulted in Sicknote being banned from local venue 10ft Tall without actually ever going there, one minute we were booked to play the support slot for The Orb’s Alex Pattison next minute we were told we were not welcome because of the Freaks and Pill Heads we attract!!!!!! Like the fucking Orb dont!!!!!!
We also offended so many people with the Dr showing off his gnarly wotsit at The Walkabout that we immediatley lost half of our local fanbase, but the event has proven to be our best marketing stunt to date.
Now, I have boooked Cardiff’s newest plush venue, The Globe, for a Tantrum Records bash on April the 4th and have been told that Sicknote are not allowed to play.
Give me a break.
All these beige tank top wearing beards can fuck off home and finger themselves to Fleet Foxes, and stop spoiling our fun!